- Go to Sales > Order > Sales Order.
- In the Customer box, type or search for the customer ordering the assembly, and then press the Tab key.
- Under Line Items, click in the Product Number cell, and then type the product number or description of the assembly, and then press the Tab key.
- To view the components of the assembly, click the Assembly tab to the right of the Line items grid.
To modify the layout of the components, adding columns for component pricing and quantity. Right-click a component and choose Layout > Choose Columns.
- Complete the order as described in Create a sales order.
Note: You cannot create a drop ship order or a special purchase order for an assembly.