You can create customer assemblies on-the-fly directly from your sales order. To complete this procedure, you'll need to first create a generic parent product. This product does not need to be marked as an assembly itself, nor does it need to have any pricing or detail associated with it. You'll add this generic product to your sales order as a placeholder. Once you create the custom assembly, the new assembly will replace the generic product. See Create and edit products.
- Create a sales order as described in Create a sales order.
- Under Line Items on the Detail tab, add the generic product that you created as a placeholder for custom assemblies (see the explanation above).
- Click the Assembly tab, and then click Add Component.
- In the new row that appears in the Assembly grid, add the first component in the assembly. Continue until all components have been added.
Tip: Add fields to the assembly components by selecting the Field Chooser icon to the left of the header.
- Click Create Custom Assembly.
- In the Custom Assembly Description pop-up that appears, type a Description, and then click OK.
- In the Save As pop-up that appears, either type a product name for the parent assembly product, or leave it blank to use the next sequential product number. This serial number will have a CH preface. Click OK.
Your new assembly product replaces the generic product on the sales order.
- Complete the order as described in Create a sales order.
- Inform saves the assembly as a new product that you can use on future orders.