Using the Sales Trend Report, you can view specific product or groups or product sales over a set date range. You can then group that information by Customer, Branch, or Salesperson to get detailed breakdowns.
The Sales Trend Report shows you either the total sales for the last 12 months or the variance from between the last 12 months and the 12 months preceding it. You can also set the minimum and/or maximum variances you would like to see.
The following sections will first show you how to run the report with descriptions of the options and when to use them, and then will help you read the results.
- Go to Analytics > Sales Trend Report.
- On the warning message that appears. click OK.
- Group by the criteria you want to subtotal. For example, you might want subtotals by Branch, and then by Customer. Click and drag both of these fields from Available Criteria to the Grouping Fields list. For example:
- Select specific criteria to include in the report.
For example, you can include sales figures for just Tools by dragging Product Line to the Criteria box, and setting it to Equal to Tools:
All other product lines will be excluded from the report.
- To exclude monthly totals from the report, select the Summary Report Only check box.
- Beside 12 Month Running, select the option for how you want to measure your report: by Sales amount, gross profit amount GP $, or by number of Units sold.
- If you want to see only the variance between the last 12 months, and the 12 months preceding that, select the Year over Year check box. Keep it cleared to see total amounts rather than differences.
- To limit the variances you would like to see, you can set a minimum percent or a maximum percent.
- To see only sales that have increased by a certain amount or more, select the %Min check box and type the value. For example, to see only those sales that have increased by 5% or more, type 5 into the %Min box. This setting will exclude sales increases of 4% or less.
- To see only sales that have increased by a certain percentage of less, select the %Max check box and type the value. This option is useful for excluding outliers in your data. You can also use it to show only products that have reduced sales, by setting the value to 0 or using the arrows on the spin box to set a negative number. For example, setting -5% will find all sales that have decreased by a maximum of 5 percent.
- Click Run. The Report Viewer displays your report.
Likewise, you can report on all Product Lines except tools by setting the Operator to Not Equal To.
The following Sales Trend Report shows all sales of paper products that increased by 10% or more over the last 12 months . Totals are groups by Branch and customer to help you analyze where you're selling the most in total dollars.
The report was created using the following options:
Product Line Equal To Facial
Product Line Equal To Paper Bags
Product Line Equal To Towels
|Summary Report Only||Cleared|
|12 Month Running||Sales|
|Year over Year Difference||Cleared|
|Exception Criteria||12 M Sales|
|% Min||Selected, 10%|
You can now