You can print labels for specific products or for specific orders or transfers. Before you begin, be sure that you have a label printer connected and turned on.
- Go to Inventory > Product Receiving Labels.
- You can add products to your label by individual product; all products on an order or a stock transfer; or by specific selection criteria.
Sales OrderPurchase OrderStock Transfer
- By product: Click Add Product Label and type or search for each product for which you want to print a label.
- By purchase order number, sales order number, or transfer number, search for or select the one from which you want to add products from the P/O NumberThe reference number of the purchase order for which you want to print product labels. If you do not know the purchase order, click the magnifying glass to search., S/O NumberThe reference number of the sales order for which you want to print product labels. If you do not know the sales order number, click the magnifying glass to search., or Transfer NumberThe reference number of the stock transfer for which you want to print product labels. If you do not know the stock transfer number, click the magnifying glass to search. options.
Then decide which lines you want to print on the labels. You can customize the lines that print based on label origing.
- Ordered: All items on the purchase order.
- Last Received: The items from the most recent stock receipt.
- Backordered: Any product currently backordered on the sales order.
- Open: Any product that still has an open balance. This includes backordered products and excludes products that have been completely shipped.
- Ordered: All items on the sales order.
- Pick: Any product currently shipping (Qty to Ship).
- Shipped: Any product that has been invoiced.
- Ordered: All items on the stock transfer.
- Open: Products that have not yet been received or canceled.
- Received: Products that have been received.
- By specific selection criteria: Click the Selection Criteria button, and then filter the products to include. To learn how to use Selection Criteria, see Selecting data.
- Click Add.
- By default, labels will print at the size selection on the Configure general product options. You may select a different size for this batch from the Label list.
- Review additional options in the Default panel of the Print Product Labels page. In addition to label size, you can select quantity, printer, and customer specific options.
Select any of the following options, and then Apply.
- Quantity The number of product labels to print.
- Override Reference Quantities Sets the default label quantity to override the quantity orders designated on the sales order, purchase order, or stock transfer.
- Customer Prints this customer number on all the product labels.
- Print Customer Part Numbers Prints the customer specific part numbers on the product labels. Enabled only if a customer is selected.
- Printers The printer to which the labels are sent.
- Click Print.
To print labels for special products that do not have a product code, click the Manual Product Label button, and then type the Product Label and number of labels to print. Click OK. Since this is not a real product, no description will be available. This label will print out the description and a bar code instantly, bypassing the label batch entirely. This feature is useful for tagging items as "hold," "damaged," or "return to vendor."