The Entered Warranty Tag screen allows you to edit, review, and print existing warranty tags. Use this screen as a shortcut to accessing warranty tags instead of pulling them up through a sales order. You can edit warranty tags up until they are received on a claim. To delete a warranty tag, you must access it through the Warranty Return Sales Order.
- Go to Inventory > Warranty >Enter Warranty Tag.
- In the Tag box, type the warranty tag number, and then press the Tab key. All available information will populate.
Tip: If you don't know the tag number, use the Warranty Tag Report to find it.
- On the left side of the page, review information about the customer and product, including the failure reason. Note that some of this information may be required depending on the specific vendor warranty setup.
- TypeWhether the product is a Part or Equipment. This property is originally set in the Product Master.
- VendorThe reference code or name of the vendor on the warranty claim.
- Replace MFG # The manufacturing number of the replacement part.
- Replace Model # The model number for the replacement part.
- Replace Serial # The serial numbers for the replacement part.
- Unit Model # The model number for the larger unit that includes the part, if applicable.
- Unit Serial # The serial number for the larger unit that includes the part, if applicable.
- Failure Date The date on which the product failed.
- Failure Reason The reference code for the failure reason. This code may consist of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- On the right side of the page, review information about the sales order and the end user.
- To edit details, click the Edit button, make your changes, and then click Save.
- To view, print, or email the warranty tag, click Print.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.