You can track any product through its entire lifecycle from inventory, through transfers, and orders. It's useful for monitoring which products have been sold or repaired.
Go to Inventory > Product Serial Number Inquiry.
- Select a product by typing in the product number, description, or keyword in the Product field, and then clicking the link in the list that appears. Press the Tab key.
- The first page displays your Current Inventory. To add Serial Numbers, click Edit.
- Type the new serial number information into the row that appears.
- Click Save.
- You can also
View Sales History
To view a complete sales history, including customer names, order and ship dates, writer and other sales information, click the Sales History tab. You can also click the Order No. or the Invoice No. links to open those related documents directly.
View Purchase Order History
To view a complete purchase order history, including vendor names, buyer and received dates, click the Purchase Order History tab. You can also click the P/O Number link to open the associated purchase order.
View Transfer History
To view when and where the product has been transferred between warehouses, click the Transfer History tab.
View Work Order History
To view the work order history, including purchase, repair, and delivery, click the Work Order tab.
View Used for Work Order History
To view what products with this serial number were used for in the work order, click the View Used for Work Order tab.
View Complete Serial History
To view the complete lifecycle of a product's specific serial number, type the Serial # that you want to track, and press the Tab key. Click the Complete Serial History tab.
- On any of the Serial Number Inquiry pages, a check in the Notes column indicates that some notes have been added to that entry.
- To read the notes, click the Notes check box.
- To add or edit notes, click the Notes check box (it will be cleared if no Notes exist yet).
- Click Edit.
- Type your notes and then click Save.
You can also look up based on the serial number: On any tab other than the Current Inventory tab, type the number into the Serial Number box, and then press the Tab key.