You have two choices for creating lots.
- Add lots from the Product Master
- Create a new lot during Stock Receipts for products marked as lot required. Add lots this way if they have not yet been set up before receiving.
This procedure describes how to add lots from the Lots Master, which you launch from the Product Master.
- Edit a product's lot assignments as described in View lots assigned to a product.
- Click the Update Lots button.
- On the Lot Master screen that appears, click New.
- Type the Lot #, and then press the Tab key.
- Type a Description, and relevant date information.
- Review on-hand inventory for the product and the current lot across all warehouses in the Warehouse Availability list.
- Click Save.
- The other tabs in the Lot Master screen allow you to view lot information for a specific warehouse or all warehouses. For example, to view purchase order history for a lot, click the P/O History tab. You can also view Sales History, Stock Transfers, Adjustments, and Kit Production information for the lot.