Migrating your Inform database to a new file server is a complex project that takes both planning and effort. DDI System will aid in this process and partner with your IT support to ensure a smooth and successful transition. Use the steps below as a guideline to complete your server transfer.
Ensure that all database files are backed up prior to transfer. The Inform database can be found on your application server in the following directory: \IBM\ACCOUNTS
If you are subscribed to our eCommerce or MobiOrder module, customized website files should be backed up as well. These files are typically found on your application server, unless a dedicated web server is in use, and can be found in the following directory: C:\inetpub
To simplify the transition, settings from the existing server should be replicated on the new sever. This includes printer names, user privileges, firewall settings, and IP address schemes. These steps should be completed by your IT support, however it may be necessary to coordinate the timing of these tasks with DDI System, to minimize downtime.
- Credentials - Create an administrative user named DDIAdmin.
- Provide us with the password when set.
- Remote Desktop Connection - A remote connection should be configured for outside access.
- VPN connections (site-to-site) are required for remote servers and multi-location companies.
- Optional: Access can be restricted to our static IP addresses:
- 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206
- Users - Recreate system users with the same login credentials.
- Use local administrator permissions (with rights to install software).
- Printers - Add all printers using the same driver and network name (or shared name).
- SMTP - Provide us with e-mail login credentials (for automated e-mailing).
- IIS - Install newest available version of Internet Information Services.
- IP Address - The same network IP address scheme should be used.
- This includes port forwarding and other firewall settings.
A Concord Fax account is required for fax service. Concord Fax is a secure cloud based faxing service that delivers faxes over the web, without the need for a fax modem or dedicated phone line. Previous fax modem based solution ActiveFax is no longer supported.
For more information please See Concord Fax Setup.
Note: No additional steps need to be taken for existing Concord Fax users.
Once all of the above setup and configuration is complete (with the exception of time specific tasks), we will begin transferring your Inform database to the new file server. This will take place at a predetermined date and time. During this transfer all users must be logged out of Inform. Every effort will be made to minimize system downtime during this process, which can last several hours. This process includes:
- Data Transfer - The database is copied to the new location.
- Software Installation - System and related companion product software will be installed.
- Configuration - Companion products will be setup and configured as necessary.
- Application Testing - Software will be tested to ensure proper functionality.
The following resources are provided for information purposes only and may be beneficial in the process of server migration.
Printer Migration: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/JJ134150.aspx
User & Group Migration: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd379531(v=ws.10).aspx
Server Migration Tools: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj134202.aspx#BKMK_supported
If you have any questions, please contact DDI Customer Care.