This article describes how to enable printing through Inform, and how to configure printer defaults. Additionally, it contains instructions on how to add printers to the DDI Server.
The first step is to install the printer on the DDI server. Inform sends print jobs directly to the server, not the user’s local computer. Therefore printers must be installed on the DDI network, and you must obtain the printer’s IP Address prior to setup.
- From the server, open the Control Panel and navigate to the Printer option.
- Click Add a Printer
- In the Add Printer Wizard, select Add a local printer.
- Select the Create a new port option. From the drop down menu, select Standard TCP/IP Port.
- Enter in the Printer’s Network IP Address. For training purposes, use one of the printers already setup in the office. Check with your trainer for the IP Address.
- Select HP LaserJet 4 for the driver selection. This is required for PCL printing only (PDF printing can use the printer’s official driver). Note you may need to select the Windows Update option to obtain this driver if it is not already available.
- Name your printer. Note that spaces are not compatible. Use an underscore ( _ ) in its place. (Ex: SALES_OFFICE).
Note: Do not share the printer.