Inform offers a few options for sorting both your onscreen and your printed sales orders, ship confirmations, and other documents to make it easier for your employees to track and pick ordered items.
You can configure the feature first by company, and then override by warehouse, and/or order type. You then enable the feature by customer. If a specific sort is not applied to a customer, then lines will be sorted in the sequence they are entered..
Your sort options are:
- Sort Sales Order: Automatically sorts printed sales orders or worksheets by Bin Location or Product Number as opposed to line sequence number. Use this sort to help your warehouse pickers locate products.
- Sort Ship Confirmation: Automatically sorts line items on the ship confirmation screen by Bin Location or Product Number. Consider using this feature along with the Sort Sales Order, thereby allowing the warehouse picker to review the ship confirmation screen in the same order as the printed order. Note that this option affects only the screen ship confirm; the printed ship confirmation will still sort with the standard line sequence number, in the order products were entered.
- Sort & Save Line Items: Applies the sort order selected in Sales Order Sort permanently, thereby resorting all onscreen and printed sales orders, worksheets, ship confirmations, invoices, and order recaps. This is particularly useful is you are sorting by Product Number, as it ensures your invoices print in the same order as your orders, If you leave this option blank, it inherits the configuration by Order Type or Warehouse.
- Company configuration
There are options in the Company Master, but these are only used by older versions of the system. For the most recent releases of Inform ERP, you can skip this step and go directly to your warehouse configuration.
- Sort S/O Print by (B)in/(P)roduct/Pro(j)ect#/None
- Save S/O Sort Selection Y|N
Then for any warehouse with Bins, apply the proper sort order. See Set up warehouses. If no warehouse sort is defined, then the Company sort is used. If your warehouse doesn't use Bins, then this option defaults to No Sort, which prints sales orders in the line sequence.
Finally, if you are defining order types, then apply the sort by order type. See Manage order types. If no order type sort is defined, then the warehouse sort is used.
For each customer, enable the sort options described above. See Configure default order preferences
Note that these options can be mass changed and set for the default template. See Update data in bulk using mass change.