- Go to Accounting>Accounts Payable>Invoice Entry,
- Search for a vendor in the Pay-To VendorThe vendor who filled the purchase order and sent the invoice. field.
Note: If you are paying invoices with a credit card, you may use the Remit-to-Vendor option.
Tip: To get more details on the vendor, right-click the Vendor name and choose Open Vendor Master, or hover over the Vendor box, and when the Quick Links appear, press the M key for More information.
- Type the Invoice NumberThe number the vendor assigned to the invoice. If no number has been assigned, then specify another meaningful reference. , and then press the Tab key.
- Choose the Invoice Date from the calendar.
- Drop down the P/O or Reference #For inventory merchandise where a purchase order was placed, click the drop down menu and select the Stock Receiving(s) to link to the invoice. This process completes the stock receipt, removing it from the Un-Invoiced PO Report. It also allows the invoice to be expensed to the Inventory G/L account. For non-inventory expenses such as payroll or utilities, you can use this as a free-form reference, such as "May 2017 Phone Bill". Note that you should not manually enter a PO Number here. Linking stock receipts to an invoice must be completed using the drop-down menu. list and select the check box(es) beside the PO Receiving(s) to which you want to link this invoice. You must select them from the list.
To apply your selection and update the Linked ReceiptsThe total amount of the linked Stock Receipts. This number should match the Merchandise Amount. field totals, press the Tab key.
- In the Gross AmountThe total invoice amount, including freight and taxes. This amount must equal the G/L Distribution before you can save the invoice. field, type the total invoice amount.
You may itemize the FreightThe amount the vendor charged for shipping the merchandise. and TaxThe amount of tax charged for the merchandise. amounts in the boxes provided.
Discounts calculate based on your terms with the vendor.
- Confirm the values:
- The Merchandise AmountThe total value of products received on the invoice, excluding freight and tax. This number should match Linked Receipts. matches the Linked ReceiptsThe total amount of the linked Stock Receipts. This number should match the Merchandise Amount..
- The G/L DistributionDisplays the relevant General Ledger accounts and distributes the gross amount of the invoice accordingly. Most accounts will use default values, such as Inventory or Freight, though these can be redistributed by manually adding accounts. matches the Gross Amount.
- Click Save.
Note: Pay saved invoices using Pay Invoice or via the Check Print screen. See Print checks.