Using Mass Change, you can make changes to a group of customers, vendors, or products at once, instead of one record at a time. For example, you can change the Salesperson for a group of customers or update the Product Line for a range of products.
First you'll search for all customers, vendors, or products that meet your criteria. For example, Salesman=John Smith. Inform ERP will display a list of all customers matching that criteria.
You can then choose which data you want to change, for example, Credit Limit. Inform will display the Credit Limit values for all of John Smith's customers.
Finally, you choose the new value, for example, Credit Limit=10,000.
The following procedure uses this above example. The process is the same for vendor or product changes.
Note: You cannot mass change external comments.
- Choose what you want to update:
- File > Customer > Mass Change
- File > Vendor > Mass Change
- File > Product > Mass Change
- On the Selection Criteria-Mass Change pop-up that appears, filter the list of customers, vendors, or products that will be changed by specific criteria.
- Click the Criteria Options bar along the left to expand the criteria on which you can filter.
- Select the check boxes beside the filter criteria. In this example, Salesman.
- Values pop up alongside the criteria: select your operator, for example, Equals to or Not Equals to. In this example, we'll use Equals To. Beneath the criteria (Salesman), select the specific values you want to filter on.
You may optionally specify Additional Criteria that is not in the default list.
- Click Add Criteria.
- From the Field list, choose the additional criteria you want to find.
- Choose the Operator, such as Equal To. For tips, see More about operators.
- Type the Value of the of criteria. For example, Territory is Equal to Northwest.
- If you want to add more criteria, choose the Connector, such as AND, and then specify your criteria as above. For tips on how to use Connectors effectively, see More about connectors .
You may also choose how to sort the results.
- Click OK.
The Mass Change page appears.
- In the Select Change Field list, click the data that you want to update. In this example, Credit Limit.
The grid in the bottom half of the screen displays all records that match selection criteria and their Current value for the selected field.
- Click in the New column, and type the new value you want to apply. In this example, 10000.
- To copy an entry from the current row to the next row, click Repeat Row,
- To copy an entry from the current row to all remaining rows, click Repeat All.
- To undo changes from the current row, click Default All. (Click the first row to undo all changes)
- To clear the New data in the current or all rows, click Clear Row or Clear All, respectively.
- To search again, click Selection Criteria,
- To see only those customers, vendors, or products that you have changed, click the Modified Only check box.
- To apply your changes, click Save. The mass change takes effect immediately.