Use the Fast Receipt functionality to record the customer is leaving a payment on their account at the sales counter.
Note that this procedure does not actually record cash, but rather allows the counter to take cash for on account payments, even if they do not have access to do cash postings. The counter person can then give the payment plus the receipt to the employee who handles customer payments.
- Go to Sales>Order>Fast Receipt.
- In the lower right corner of the page, click New.
- In the Customer box, type or search for the customer leaving payment.
- In the Received By box, type your name.
- In the From box, type the name of the representative from the company.
- Drop down the Payment Type list and choose Cash, Check, or Credit Card.
- If applicable, type a Check Number into the box provided.
- Type the Amount Received.
- Optionally, type additional Comments related to the payment, for example, "Payment for invoice #12345"
- Click Save.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.
Tip: Print a second copy to maintain internally for balancing a cash drawer.