You have the option to use the Fast Receipt functionality to post payments made at the sales counter directly to customer accounts. Otherwise, you can use counter payment receipts to record payments outside of the system.
Note: This is based on the Company Master setting "Fast Receipt Post On-Account A/R (Y)es/(N)o".
- Go to Sales>Order>Fast Receipt.
- In the lower right corner of the page, click New.
- In the Customer box, type or search for the customer leaving payment.
- In the Received By box, type your name.
- In the From box, type the name of the representative from the company.
- Drop down the Payment Type list and choose Cash, Check, or Credit Card.
- If applicable, type a Check Number into the box provided.
- Type the Amount Received.
- Optionally, type additional Comments related to the payment, for example, "Payment for invoice #12345"
- Click Save.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.
Tip: Print a second copy to maintain internally for balancing a cash drawer.