Use the Order Pad to quickly select previously purchased products for the Sales Order, change prices, and view the last price, quantity, and purchase date for each product
The Order Pad will only display products that have been previously quoted for or sold to the customer. It includes discontinued items, but not inactive items since they cannot be bought or sold.
Create a new Sales Order as described in Create a sales order.
- Make sure the Detail tab is selected.
- Either right-click on a Product Number cell and click Customer Order Pad, or click Customer Order Pad.
Tip: You can also get here from Sales > Customer Order Pad, and then searching for your customer.
The Customer Order Pad appears showing all previous orders placed by this customer over the last two years.
- By default the products are sorted by Product; however, you may modify this sort order to Product Line, Primary Vendor, 24 Months , or Line Sq Number. Click the desired sort option in the Group by panel.
- By default, all products appear with color coding to indicate their status.
- To see detail on any product, double-click the product row.
- To narrow down the search results, In the lower right pane, Filter by any of the following:
- Due to Buy: includes only items that the customer is due to purchase, based on the average number of days between purchases. A product must be purchased at least twice in order to calculate when it is due to be purchased again. When you select Due to Buy, you type the number of hits that the product has accumulated into the Hits box. In the example shown, only products that the customer has purchased on at least 4 separate occasions, and is currently Due to Buy will be included.
- Quoted: includes only items that appear on Price Quotes for the customer.
- History: includes only items in the customer's Sales History.
- Hidden: includes only hidden items. Hidden items will not appear on the Order Pad, and will not print on the Customer Order Form.
- For each product you want to reorder, click in the Quantity cell and type the number of products.
- Click Save.
The products are added to the order.