A lost sale is when you do not have the product available to meet the customer's order, and you ship fewer items than were requested. In this scenario, you will learn how to record a lost sale so that it updates your demand forecasting and you are not shorthanded next time.
- Create a new Sales Order as described in Create a sales order.
- Click the Detail tab along the left side of the page, and add products as described in Create a sales order.
- Record the product that you are short as follows:
- Quant Ordered: Type the actual number of the item that the customer ordered.
- Quant to Ship: Type the quantity that you have to ship to the customer. This quantity is less than that ordered, and therefore represents a lost sale.
- Quant B/O: Keep the backordered quantity as zero.
- Complete the sales order as normal, and then click Save.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.