A lost sale is when you do not have the product available to meet the customer's order, and you ship fewer items than were requested. In this scenario, you will learn how to record a lost sale so that it updates your demand forecasting and you are not shorthanded next time.
- Search for and open and existing Sales Order as described in How to search for orders.
- At the bottom of the Sales Order page, click Edit. This selection switches the order into edit mode.
- Click in the Qty B/O field of the product with the lost sale. Enter "0" as the quantity.
Tip: Lost sales may also be recorded in the Shipment Confirmation screen by clearing the quantity in the B/O column of the product.
- Quant Ordered: Type the actual number of the item that the customer ordered.
- Quant to Ship: Type the quantity that you have to ship to the customer. This quantity is less than that ordered, and therefore represents a lost sale.
- Quant B/O: Keep the backordered quantity as zero.
- Complete the sales order as normal, and then click Save.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.