You can enter an order that will be shipped directly to the customer from the vendor. You will not receive the product first. Make sure that you create drop ship products on a separate order from items being shipped from the customer's warehouse.
- Create a new Sales Order as described in Create a sales order.
- Click the Header tab on the left navigation bar, and from the P/O Type list select Drop Ship.
- On the Detail tab, add the product to be shipped from the vendor to the customer.
- Choose the vendor from whom you will procure the order:
Click the Detail tab along the left side of the page, and add products as described in Create a sales order.
Optionally, you may create a product on-the-fly using Fast Product: See Add a new product using Fast Product
- Right-click the product and select the Procurement option or click the Procurement tab,
- Confirm the Vendor from which the product is being ordered or choose a new one.
- If you would like to add Misc. Charges, click the Final tab on the left side of the page and Add a miscellaneous charge.
- Click Save. The Purchase Order is created.
- You can now send the order: Click Send. Depending on your access level, you may have options to print , email, or fax.
The customer will be invoiced when the accounts payable invoice is entered.
- Accounts payable should wait for the invoice to arrive from the vendor.
- Use Stock Receipts to receive and enter the vendor's invoice simultaneously.
- Upon save, you will be prompted to bill the customer and optionally add freight charges. This will invoice the customer from the drop ship order or move it into the billing batch where it will be invoiced.
- See Work with a drop ship warehouse.