You can accept payment by a customer swiping a card at a counter, by manual entry over the phone, or by stored credit card information.
If credit card processing is configured, then when you log in to Inform ERP, you will see a Select Card Terminal pop up in which you should click your processing terminal, and then click Select.
- Create a POS order as described in How to create a point of sale (POS) order.
- If you have integrated credit card processing with TSYS, then as you add products to the order, the customer terminal displays the products with a running total.
- When you are ready to accept payment, click the Final tab on the left navigation bar. Type the amount in the Tendered box, and then click the Credit button. If you have a processor set , then Use Processor is automatically selected in the Card Type list.
Note: If you do not have a processor, you can select the customer's Card Type from the list.
- The Terminal page of the Process Credit Card pop-up appears. This pop-up displays the status of the credit card swiping, processing, signature, and finalization.
- When the customer signs the signature pad, a copy appears on your screen. Type the customer's name in the Signed By box, and then click Save.
- If you want to save this customer information in the Vault, select the Add to Vault check box.
- On the Sales Order page, click Save.
If the customer is not using the credit card processor to swipe the card, you can still manually key in the credit card information. This process is common for taking orders over the phone.
- Follow the directions through step 3 from above.
- When the Process Credit Card pop-up appears, make sure the Keyed Entry tab is selected.
- Complete the information exactly as it appear on the credit card, and then click Submit. You can add Contact information in the box below.
- To complete the Sales Order, click Save.
If your customer is configured to save credit card information (File>Customer>Master : Setup, Credit), then when you select a credit card processor, you will also have the option to apply saved card information from the vault.
- On the Vault tab of the Process Credit Card pop-up, choose the card to charge from the Card list. Click Process. The cards available are based on the branch of the logged in user, not the branch for which the sales order was placed.
- Save and complete the order.
- Open the Sales Order with the existing payment.
- Click on the Final tab.
- Click Edit.
- Beside Paid on the Invoice Totals tab, drop down to view all credit card payments. Click the X at the end of the payment row to delete the payment.
- Click Void.
- On the Cancel/Void pop-up, type a Reason for the void, and then click OK.
You can now either submit a new Payment Type or cancel the order.
If your system is configured for Instant Post, or if the credit card has already been processed through the credit company (usually 24 hours), then you cannot void the payment. Post your POS batch, and then either create return order or credit invoice instead: See Create a return order or Void an invoice