In this scenario, you will learn how to create a purchase order from a system recommended forecast or reorder quantities. First you will set options that impact the projection, then you will view the recommended purchase amounts per vendor, and finally, you will create those purchase orders.
- Go to Purchasing>Forecast>Projected Purchase Order.
- The first time you choose this option, you will see a message about required configuration. Read the message, select the Do not show again check box, and then click OK.
- Confirm the P/O WarehouseThe warehouse into which the merchandise will be received., located on the right panel.
- Select the check boxes beside the WarehousesThe warehouses to project for. If the selected warehouse differs from the P/O Warehouse, then a stock transfer will be created automatically. to be included in the projection.
- Other available options pertain to specific use cases and generally do not apply. For now, leave these options blank or cleared. The projection will include all vendors.
- Click Generate Summary.
After you click Generate Summary, the Vendor Summary Results appear.
- If you see the Unassigned ProductsA prompt that appears only if there are items that need to be purchased, but that have no assigned vendor. Without a vendor, the product cannot appear in the Vendor Summary Results, so it is best to use this opportunity to assign it accordingly. pop-up, assign vendors to each product, and then click Save.
- Review the Recommended PurchaseThe dollar amount of the projected purchase order, assuming no changes are made to the system recommended purchase quantity. and Free Freight ShortageIf the recommended purchase amount falls short of the minimum freight requirement, as set in the Vendor Master, expect to see the difference as shortage. Additionally, a Carrying Cost (defaulted at 25%) estimates the expense of holding excess inventory, if you decide to over order to meet freight requirements. amounts.
- Optionally, select the Exclude Below MinimumIf the recommended purchase amount does not meet the Minimum Order Dollars, as set in the Vendor Master, these vendors can be hidden. check box.
- To begin a projected order, click Go.
Note: Vendors must have Turn Cycles & Lead Days assigned in the Vendor Master to appear as part of the results.
- After clicking Go, Inform ERP generates the projection.
- Review the recommended Purchase QtyPurchase Quantity. The recommended number to purchase. Calculated based on a variety factors, including the product's forecast formula, order commitments, and the number of weeks set in projection. by hovering over the value.
- To view more details, click the Field Chooser button in the upper left corner of the Products table. You can select as many details to add to the table as you like.
- Type new or clear the quantities as needed. Optionally, you may transfer stock from another warehouse: right-click a product and select Transfer FromDisplays available quantities from other warehouses and allows a Transfer Quantity to be specified. This quantity will be deducted from the system recommended Purchase Quantity, allowing the product to be fulfilled internally without purchase. The transfer will be created alongside the P/O upon completion..
- Review the Vendor Requirements on the upper left panel. Consider adjusting forecast results to meet vendor minimums.
- Click Create P/O.
Note: A prompt may appear listing existing open orders from the vendor. Either add to the existing order or create a new order. Use the Status to determine if the existing order has been Printed or Sent.
- When the Purchase Order Entry screen appears, click Save to finalize the order.
Important: If you are building a consolidated purchase order, you will need to purchase by warehouse.