In this scenario, you will learn how to assign a vendor to a product during product creation.
- Go to the Product Master and create or open a product as described in How to edit or create a product.
- Click the Vendors tab.
- If not already, click Edit to put the product into edit mode.
- Click Add Vendor.
- Type the Vendor name or number. The Description will populate automatically.
- Type a Vendor Product # for the product.
Specify other vendor specific fields such as UPC Codes or Box Quantity. These will override existing fields on the product during purchasing.
- Click Save.
- If only one Vendor is assigned, it will become the Primary Vendor for the product.
- The Primary setting can be reassigned to another vendor at anytime.
- Inform ERP adds vendors to the product automatically upon purchase.
- Vendor part numbers print out on POs.