- Go to the Product Master and create or open a product as described in How to edit or create a product.
- Click the Vendors tab.
- If you are not already in edit mode, click Edit to put the product into edit mode.
- Click Add Vendor.
- Type the Vendor name or number. The Description will populate automatically.
- Type a Vendor Product #The product reference number as listed by the vendor. This number displays on Purchase Orders to the vendor, but not on customer invoices. for the product.
Specify other vendor specific fields such as UPC Codes or Box QuantityForecasted reorder quantities will round up to the nearest interval. For example, a product has a box quantity of 6. If the suggested reorder quantity is 4, then Inform will round up and suggest a reorder quantity of 6. If the suggested reorder quantity is 7, Inform rounds up to a suggested reorder of 12.. These will override existing fields on the product during purchasing.
- Click Save.
- If only one Vendor is assigned, it will become the Primary Vendor for the product.
- The Primary setting can be reassigned to another vendor at anytime.
- Inform ERP adds vendors to the product automatically upon purchase.
- Vendor part numbers print out on POs.