In this scenario, you will learn how to set options that influence forecasted purchase quantities. You will learn about purchasing options, warehouse procurement, and link a replacement item to purchase history.
- Go to the Product Master and create or open a product as described in How to edit or create a product.
- Click the Purchasing tab.
- Click Edit.
- Optionally, in the Based on Purchasing Unit of Measure Each panel, enter a value for any of the following fields:More info
- These values are based on the purchasing Unit of Measure.
- These values apply to all warehouses, unless overridden by the Warehouse Procurement options.
- For products that are sold 3-5 months during the year, select the Seasonal check box.More info
Based on demand, Inform ERP will determine when the item is out of season.
For example, air conditioning units will not be reordered during the winter months.
- Still on the Product Purchasing page, navigate to the Warehouse Procurement options.
These options allow values to be set per Warehouse.
- Specify a value for any of the following fields:
- Lead Days
- Safety Stock
Note: Ignore the Forecast Formula for now as it is updated automatically.
- Still on the Product Purchasing page, navigate to the Purchase History Link option in the upper right.
- Type the Product Number of the existing (now discontinued) item into the Purchase History Link box.
- Click Save. The Purchase History Links (discontinued items) will no longer show up in forecasting.
- To view Purchase History Links, click Analysis on the left navigation bar. Look to the Image panel in the top right of the Analysis page; click Purchase History Links.
This option combines an existing item's demand and availability to a new replacement item. It is commonly used when a product is being discontinued and replaced.
Linked products must have the same Unit of Measure structure.