- Go to
- Select a Period of demand to review. Periods are listed as MMYY.
- Type a Warehouse ID or search for one.
Optional: Select a BuyerA user who purchases for a select group of vendors, typically used in companies with multiple purchasing agents. When selected, only the assigned vendor will appear in the results. Users can be assigned to a vendor in the vendor master., if applicable.
- Click Go.
The Unusual DemandProducts that have demand in a particular period that exceeds or falls below the system forecast. It is largely influenced by product rankings. For example, C or D ranked items are slow movers, and it is unusual to sell them in a high volume. For faster moving A or B ranked items, it may be "unusual" to see a big drop off in sales. panel displays a list of products that have demonstrated unusual demand patterns.
- Select a product row, and then review and analyze the twelve month transactions and demand.
- Using the system ForecastThe expected demand for a given period, based on Forecast Formula, Max Stock Quantity, or median average. as a guideline, type an appropriate demand figure in the Adj column.
- Optionally, click the Set to ForecastApplies the expected demand based off the forecast formula as the Adjusted amount. This provides a quick way to correct demand exceptions, though it is recommended to review products and make corrections to one item at a time, button.
- Click Save,
Tip: Misrepresented demand can impact forecasted reorder quantities. Best practice dictates reviewing and correcting exception demand on an ongoing basis–at a minimum of once per month,