You can create new and edit existing customers in the Customer Master. This procedure covers the basic instructions, but you can drill into more detail in the subsequent scenarios.
- Go to File>Customer>Master.
- In the Customer box, find the customer you want to edit by typing the name, number, address, or phone. If the data for your customer does not appear automatically, press the Tab key.
- Review the information on the Main page, including the Address and the A/R ContactThe primary person to call when discussing invoices or statements. Create the A/R Contact on the Contacts page of the Customer Master. Under Contact Information>Send Option, choose Accounting. You can then specify this person on the Customer Master>Setup page.. Note the Status Code in the upper right.
More on status codes
- Active/Good: Allows entry of all types of orders.
- Watch: All orders will be placed on Credit Hold, regardless of credit limits or other hold settings.
- C.O.D: The letters "C.O.D" print in bold on Shipment Confirmations and Truck Manifests to alert the delivery driver to take payment.
- Legal: Prevents order or quote entry, but allows cash receipts to be taken.
- Hold: Only quotes are allowed; no sales orders.
- Cash in Advance: All orders will be placed on Credit Hold, regardless of credit limits or other hold settings. The letters "P.I.A" (payment in advance) print in bold on all Shipment Confirmations.
- Inactive: Used as an alternative to deletion. No further transactions are allowed, but the customer is kept for historical reference.
- Credit Card: "Credit Card" prints in bold on Shipment Confirmations.
- Point of Sale: Order balances are required at the time of entry using the Point of Sale System.
Note: These statuses are different from terms, even though there is often overlap, such as C.O.D customer.
- You can continue to review the information in the remaining tabs. If you want to modify it, click Edit at the bottom of the screen.
- When you have finished, click Save.