- Go to the Cash Receipts Posting page as described in How to post cash receipts.
- Select an invoice that has a discount available, as indicated in the Disc Avail column.
- Select the check box to the left of the invoice number.
How the discount is applied depends on system settings, it might:
- be taken automatically;
- be taken only if within the discount date as indicated in the Disc Date column;
- not taken and must be entered manually. If so, type the amount in the Disc Taken column.
The Cash Applied is calculated automatically.
Note: This discount configuration books to the AR discount account per the G/L Control Table.