In Billing and receivables wrap-up, you learned how to void an A/R check and reopen the invoice. In this procedure, you will learn how to void a customer payment made through cash or credit. In both cases, you will refund the money back to a credit card.
Note that you must know the invoice number to complete this procedure. If you do not, you can look it up on File>Customer>Master>Ledger.
This process is two steps: reopening the invoice, and then refunding the payment.
- Go to Accounting>Accounts Receivable>Re-Instate Paid AR Invoice.
- In the Invoice Number box, type the invoice that needs to be reopened with the payment reversed, Press the Tab key.
All relevant information populates in the remaining fields.
- Click OK.
Inform ERP reopens the invoices at $0 on the customer ledger.
- Go to Accounting>Accounts Receivable>Cash Receipts Posting.
- Select your Customer.
- Change the Payment Type to Credit Card.
- In the Amount box, type a negative amount for the amount to be refunded.
- In the Invoices list, find the $0 invoice(s), and then in the Cash Applied column, type that same negative balance.
After reapplying the invoice amounts, the Balance Left should be $0.00.
- Click Save.
- When prompted, enter the cash credit card information, and then click Print and Post to AR.
This will refund the credit card, as well as put the invoices back to open with the balances on the customer's account.