In this scenario, you will use the Purchasing page of the Vendor Master to set default values that affect purchase orders and freight terms for the selected vendor. You will also configure options for lead times and projected turns, which are required to use Inform ERP projected reorder quantity features.
- Create or search for an existing Vendor as described in How to create and edit vendors.
- Click the Purchasing tab.
- Configure default values for any of the following options. Keep in mind that they might be required.
- Ship Via The default shipping method for purchases from this vendor.
- Lead Time Days The number of days it takes to receive an item ordered from the vendor. If set, this value appears in the Projected PO page. Note that this value is manual only; it will not update itself.
- Projected Turns The number of times per year that you order from the vendor.
- MetricConverts Weight & Volume measurements to kilograms & cubic meters.
- Forecast Low PrioritySelect this option for vendors who should not receive top priority in Projected Purchase Order results. This option adds a Low Priority column to Projected Purchase Orders, thereby enabling you to sort the vendor list and push these low priority vendors to the bottom of the Projected Purchase Orders summary.
- Forecast to Box Quantity for Each WarehouseRounds each warehouse purchase quantity to the nearest box quantity. Use this feature in conjunction with Projected Purchase Order, found on the Purchasing>Forecast menu.
- To disable the lead time on all purchase order merchandise, select the Disable Lead Time Update check box. Note that this is the lead time on the products; not the lead time days of the vendor.
Additional Information: In the Product Master on the Purchasing tab is a Lead Days field. When a purchase order is received, the lead time on products is updated. On an individual purchase order you can "Disable Lead Time".
For example: Suppose you typically buy products from Vendor A (your primary vendor), but the material is backordered so you instead purchase it from Vendor B. Since this is not your primary vendor, you may not want your product lead time impacted. Therefore, the "Disable Lead Time" would be selected for this secondary vendor
From the Sort P/O by list. choose how you want to sort purchase orders from this vendor
- Vendor Part Number
- Product Number
- None: products will appear in the purchase order in the order they were entered.
In the Rebate Cost Column list, choose the cost column used to calculate rebates for the vendor. The rebate cost compares to the cost listed in the cost column for the product, and the difference is the rebated owed by the vendor.
By default, the Rebate Cost Column is C5 Last PO Cost column.
- Type any Special InstructionsAny special instructions or notes regarding purchase orders for the vendor. These instructions will appear on the purchase order screen each time you place an order with the vendor..
- Specify Freight Terms in the lower right panel on the page. Note that these impact projected purchase orders only. You will still be permitted to make enter purchase orders below the minimums you set here.
- In the Order Dollars The minimum dollar amount that a purchase order must meet to be accepted. box, type a minimum order amount.
- In the Freight DollarsThe minimum dollar amount that must be purchased to avoid freight costs. box, type the minimum dollar amount that must be purchased to avoid freight costs.
- Specify one of more minimums for the purchase order to be placed or shipped.
- Click Save.
Tip on mass change: If you have many vendors, you can quickly specify the Lead Time Days and Projected Turns using Mass Change. Go to File>Vendor>Mass Change. For details on how to use Mass Change, see Update data in bulk using mass change.