- Go to
- Click New.
- Typically, Inform ERP assigns the Prospect Number automatically; if not, type an alphanumeric reference code into the Prospect box, and then press the Tab key.
- Type the prospect account name into the Name box.
Note: This should be the name of the company, not the name of your contact.
- Complete any remaining details you know, such as the address, website, or salesperson to whom the account should be assigned.
- To use the prospect in reporting, under Prospect type the name of the person who referred the prospect into the Referred By box, and then choose a Rating of Cold, Warm, or Hot to indicate sales potential.
- Click Save.
You can import prospects from a spreadsheet, which must include the Company Name and a Billing Zip Code. Be cautious before completing this process, as Customer Care for this feature is offered on a time charge basis only.
- Go to CRM>Prospect Import.
- If the file you will be importing has headers, select the Has Headers check box.
- Click the folder icon by File Name, browse to the import file (CSV preferred), and then click Open.
- Click the Data tab. The right side of the page updates to show your data.
- Now map the data from your spreadsheet to Inform ERP data. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Drop down the Mapped Column list under Import Mappings, and then choose the data from your spreadsheet to map to.
- Drag the column heading from the Import Data table to the Mapped Column cell in the Import Mappings table.
- Once you have mapped all of the necessary fields, click Import.
- When the import completes, a confirmation message appears. Click OK.
In this scenario, you will learn how to add contacts to existing prospect.
- Create a prospect as described in How to add a prospect.
- Click the Contacts tab in the left navigation bar, and then click Add Contact.
- On the New Contact page that appears, specify as much information as you know, including name, email address, phone number, and title.
- Click Save.