- Go to CRM>Prospect Master.
- Click New.
- Typically, Inform ERP assigns the Prospect Number automatically; if not, type an alphanumeric reference code into the Prospect box, and then press the Tab key.
- Type the prospect account name into the Name box.
Note: This should be the name of the company, not the name of your contact.
- Complete any remaining details you know, such as the address, website, or salesperson to whom the account should be assigned.
- To use the prospect in reporting, under Prospect type the name of the person who referred the prospect into the Referred By box, and then choose a Rating of Cold, Warm, or Hot to indicate sales potential.
- Click Save.
In this scenario, you will learn how to add contacts to existing prospect.
Open the Customer Master by clicking File from the top menu.
Under Customer, choose Master.
Search for the prospect. In the search results, click Prospect to see the list of prospects.
- Click the Contacts tab in the left navigation bar, and then click Add Contact.
- On the New Contact page that appears, specify as much information as you know, including name, email address, phone number, and title.
- Click Save.
You can import prospects from a spreadsheet, which must include the Company Name and a Billing Zip Code. Optionally, you can add/populate other prospect fields such as "Salesperson". Be cautious before completing this process as Customer Care for this feature is offered on a time charge basis only.
Note: Import file must be either comma-separated values spreadsheet file (.csv) or a Mac OS text-based file (.tbd).
Warning: the system does not cross reference customers. Be sure to not import a current customer.
- Go to CRM>Prospect Import.
- If the file you will be importing has headers, select the Has Headers check box.
- Click the folder icon by File Name, browse to the import file (CSV preferred), and then click Open.
Click the Data tab. The right side of the page updates to show your data.
Note: Editing data in the Data tab does not update the file.
- Now map the data from your spreadsheet to Inform ERP data. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Drop down the Mapped Column list under Import Mappings, and then choose the data from your spreadsheet to map to.
- Drag the column heading from the Import Data table to the Mapped Column cell in the Import Mappings table.
- Once you have mapped all of the necessary fields, click Import.
- When the import completes, a confirmation message appears. Click OK.