Thermal Receipt Printers make it possible to print out small receipt copies for Point of Sale transactions, commonly used in retail counter or showroom environments. Additionally they can be combined with cash drawers that open automatically when payment is taken. Inform supports the Ethernet-ready Ithaca 9000 thermal printer. Follow the steps below to configure.
- Ithaca 9000 printer
- Attached to the same network as the DDI server
- EPSON mode
- Install the Ithaca 9000 printer to Inform database server.
- Select the Generic Text Driver (not the manufacturer's driver).
- Name the printer with the following convention:
- XX- This is the Branch Code where the printer will be used.
- YY- This is the Register Number.
- For example, Branch 14 using Printer 3 is named POS_14_03
- Go to File > Company > Branch.
- Click the Defaults tab.
- Specify the Number of POS Registers. See Set up default branch order, prefix, and invoice options.
- Users will now be prompted to select a register during log-in:
- A default register number can be set in the User Master. See Manage users.
- Non-register users should click cancel at this prompt.
- Navigate to File > Company > Master.
- Enable setting Print Point of Sale Register Receipt Form
- Optionally print multiple receipt copies (by default) with setting Point of Sale Register Receipt Copies
Users will now enter their register number during log-in, which will determine where the customer's receipt is printed. Upon entering Point of Sale orders, on the Final tab, select the P.O.S. Register button. The invoice will be printed to the thermal printer at this time.
Additionally, all transactions will be placed into a separate batch. This allows for easier reconciliation between cash drawers.
Cash drawers can be configured to open automatically each time a receipt is printed. The drawer connects directly to the printer (meaning Inform does not control the cash drawer). The Ithaca 9000 is compatible with Epson configurations using the RJ12 connection. Refer to the printers instruction manual for detailed steps.
If you have any questions, please contact DDI Customer Care.