The Executive Performance Summary report provides an overview of your company's performance from up-to-date sales and accounting information, to Year over Year comparison, and Year-to-Date statistics. You can adjust this summary to display data for the entire company or only a selected branch, and you can choose the calendar period.
Figures are based on when the transactions were posted to the General Ledger: not the Invoice Date or Order Date, but rather the period that was open when the invoice was posted.
Throughout the report, the Cost of Goods Sold, Merchandise Amounts, and Gross Profit figures are calculated using the S/O Cost Column (from File>Company>Master: Pricing/Costing). It may be set from C1-C7, or on FIFO, Salesman, or Invoice. If you need this changed to the G/L Cost Column. contact Customer Care.
- To view this report, select Sales > Executive Performance Summary.
- To report on all branches, clear the Branch box. Otherwise, click and choose the branch on which you want to report.
- From the Period box, choose the MMYY to report on. If you make no selection, the report will default to the current period.
- From the Date calendar, choose the specific data on which you want to pull data comparisons.
- Click Refresh to see updated information in the At-a-Glance tab or click Calculate to see updated information in the Real Time Stats tab.
- Review the information that appears in each tab.
- Merchandise, including Merchandise SalesThe total sales dollars for on account sales orders.: , Point of SaleThe total sales dollars for point of sale purchases only., and Total Merchandise SalesTotal sales dollars including both on account and point of sale transactions.: These totals are based on invoices posted for the selected date or period. Open orders are not included. Also, it's merchandise sales (so it does not include tax, freight, or misc charges).
- Cost & Gross Profit, including CostYour cost for the merchandise sold., Gross Profit DollarsThe total gross profit in dollars for the period noted. =(Total Merchandise Sales) - (Cost), and Gross Profit PercentThe gross profit percent earned on the sales for the period notes. =(Gross Profit Dollars) / (Total Merchandise Sales): Just like above, these numbers are for posted invoices, not open orders. By default this uses the S/O GP% Cost Column, as that is the cost that appears on the SO. If you need this changed to the G/L Cost Column. contact Customer Care.
- Cash ReceiptsDollars received for the purchase of product for the given period., Cash DisbursementsDollars paid out during the specified time period., and A/R BalanceAccounts Receivable Balance. Total amount still not received for products sold.: These totals are based on postings. Receipts totals all of your posted Cash Receipt batches for the day. Disbursements totals all the posted Checks that were cut for the day.
- AR Balance & Inventory Value: There is no daily total here. These numbers show where you were at in the beginning of the month. So if you're in period October 2018, you are looking at the starting balance of the month (or the ending balance of September). AR is the total open amount of receivables. The Inventory value is based on the Inventory Adjustment Cost Column flag in the Company Master.
- The first column displays totals for the month you selected, followed by comparison data for the same month over the past two years.
- The next two columns show the Variance information for the period you have selected.
- The final columns show your totals for this year to date compared to last year to date.
- Orders in Process: The dollar value of your current sales orders are open, backordered, in billing, or in point of sale waiting to be posted.
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Aging: The total amounts due, including a break down of how far past due these payments are.
- Business Summary section provides an accounting summary of Accounts Receivable and Payable, as well as the current bank balance, and purchase order information. Business summary is adding money that is expected to be coming in from open orders and AR Aging, and then deducting money going out in purchase orders and AP Aging. Finally, it adds back in your Bank Balance and Inventory valuation to give you an estimated Net worth, displayed at the bottom of the section as your Net Position.
- Orders In Process: Dollar amounts are based on the Merchandise value for the open quantity on the order. These figures do not include Tax, Freight, or Miscellaneous Charges.
- Accounts Receivable: The total from Accounts Receivable Aging, above.
- Accounts Payable: The total from Accounts Receivable Aging, above.
- Bank Balance: The total of all of the system bank accounts. The bank balance gets entered in File > Company > Bank and is maintained via Bank Reconciliation. If you don't reconcile, this number will be off.
- Un-Invoiced POs: A completed PO that has not yet been added to the AP Aging total.
- Net Inventory Value: This time number is based on the Inventory Adjustment Cost Column flag.
Click the At-a-Glance tab to review sales, variances, and profit over the selected time period.
Click the Real Time Stats tab to calculate up to the minute Sales, Accounting, and Purchasing statistics for the selected branch or whole company.
Click the Year over Year Performance tab to display the sales, cost, gross profit amount, and gross profit percentage information for the selected period year, as well as the two years preceding that year. This information appears by month, with the year total displayed in the Totals row at the bottom
Just like the At-A-Glance tab, this by default is based on the S/O GP Cost Column.
Only Inform data is included in this report; converted data are excluded as they may skew results. If you need to see converted data as well, contact DDI Customer Care.