Sales orders may be placed on Credit Hold because
- the customer has exceeded their Credit Limit (Customer Master > Credit tab); or
- the customer has an invoice older than their set Open Invoice # of Days (Customer Master > Credit tab).
Orders that are on hold have the following restrictions:
- They cannot be printed to be picked and shipped by the warehouse.
- Inventory will not be committed.
- Purchase Order requests or linked P/O's will not be generated.
You may still schedule Orders on Credit Hold can still be scheduled on a Truck Manifest, but you will see a warning.
Release an order from Credit Hold only after you have validated their credit according to your corporate policies. As soon as you release an order, you will be prompted to print it.
- Go to Sales > Order > Release Orders on Hold.
- Either leave the default Branch, or click and choose the branch on which you want to search for orders to release from hold, and then click Refresh.
- Research an order before releasing the hold:
- To review details about the order, click the Order number.
- To review details about the customer, click the Customer number.
- To release orders, select the check boxes beside each order you want to release, then click the Release button.
- On the confirmation message that appears, if you want to print the order to create pick tickets for the warehouse, click Yes.
A list of Orders on Hold appears.
When an order is released, if the order has a ship date of the current date or earlier, it will automatically be changed to the following day. If the order has a ship date of the following day or later, it will not be changed. .
Your system can be enabled to set the Ship Date of released orders to the current date instead of the following day. Please contact DDI Customer Care.