To print and post a sales order immediately after creating it, you can create the invoice in the Sales Order screen. Then print the invoice as you normally would in the Invoicing screen.
- Create a sales order
- Verify order pricing, shipping information, quantities, and other details, because once you invoice an order, you cannot change it.
- Click Save.
- On the Final tab, click the Create Invoice button.
Note: Create Invoice is driven by access level. This workflow is intended for the accounting team to post non-inventory tickets, such as misc charges or tax credits that needed to be issued from invoices that were converted from their legacy system.
- Make note of the order number.
- On the Sales Order screen, click Exit.
- Go to Sales > Invoicing > Invoicing and search for the order as described in Print and post invoices daily
- On the Invoice Preview tab, select the invoice, and click Print.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.
- Verify that the invoice printed correctly before posting to Accounts Receivable. After you post, the system will give you the option to print a Daily Sales Journal for this invoice.