From the Settings page of the Advanced Report Writer, you can organize reports into folders, tag them, and make them available for other users to run as needed. You can also share the report as a template for other users, as well as import existing report templates.
Open the report that you would like to make available.
- Go to Analytics > Advanced Report Writer.
- In the Report box, type the name of the report, or click and select the report you want to work with.
- Press the Tab key.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Settings tab.
- To organize the report by folder when it appears in the Report Explorer, type an existing or new folder name into the Report Folder box. If you type a new name, then Inform will create the folder when you save. See View an ARW report (Report Explorer).
- To restrict access to this report, type the numeric Access Level into the box provided. 99 is the strictest access; blank allows everyone to access. Users will only see those reports to which they have access; others will be hidden from the Report Explorer.
Assign tags to help users search for the report in the Report Explorer and Advanced Report Writer. While a report can only be assigned to one folder, it can have many tags to help users locate it. Click the Add Tag button, and then type a new tag name in the Tag field, or choose an existing tag from the list.
- To make sure that your filter criteria is included in the report when you export the layout, select the Include Criteria check box.
- To export the report layout to share, click the Export Layout button, and select a location to save it. By default, Inform uses the report name as the file name. Do not change the Save as type from IRW, as this file type is required for import back into Inform. Click Save.
- To import a report, click the Import Layout button and then navigate to the location of the IRW report you want to import, For more details on importing reports, including a list of prepared ARW Reports you can choose from, see ARW Report Library
- Click Save.