By default, all data that you include in a report will be visible when you generate that report. If you want to build a report with high level totals without the line by line detail, you can hide detail sections from the report.
In the following procedure, you will hide the line by line detail in a sales report. Note that you can also hide groups, headers, footers, and even individual fields using the same method.
Note that these instructions build on previous knowledge. It is recommended that you review the following procedures before continuing:
-Group data on an ARW report
-Insert page breaks into an ARW report
-Add subtotals to an ARW report
- Open a report with detail and subtotals, such as the one created in Add subtotals to an ARW reportIn this example, you'll see the Sales by Ship To report. When you run the report. It looks like this, with full line by line details. You can hide those details.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Layout tab.
- Hide the Details:
- Under GroupHeader1, click Detail to select it.
- Go to the bottom of the Layout page to the Designer section. Scroll to Behavior.
- Beside the Visible property, select False.
- Click Run Preview. The details are now hidden.