Follow this procedure to learn how to create a simple Customer Year to Date Sales Report using the Advanced Report Writer.
- Go to Reporting > Advanced Report Writer.
- Click New.
- In the Report box, type a descriptive name for the report, and then press the Tab key.
From the Primary File list, select the dictionary that contains the data you want to include in your report. For this report, choose Customer.
- All available data within the Customer dictionary appears in the Available Fields list below. Hover over any field to get a definition.
- To make it easier to find the data you want, click the Filter icon, and then type the label, for example, Salesperson.
- Click and drag the data that you want to include into the report into the Report Fields panel.
- Notice the order of the Report Fields. You can click and drag them to reorder.
Also notice the ruler at the bottom of the page showing you the total width of the report. Keep this width under 10" for an 8.5 x11" report.
- To view the report before saving, click Run Preview.
Note: The Run Preview provides a quick example of report formatting but does not include all of the data. Be sure to save and Run Report to view your data in its entirety.
- To close the preview, click Exit.
- To save the report, click Save.