Use the cycle count scheduler to set the number of times per year that you would like to count inventory and at what frequency, based on product rank. Your products will then be divvied out on a schedule that you determine.
This schedule is part of your cycle count configuration. To learn about the complete cycle counting process, see Configure and run cycle counting.
- Go to File > Product > Schedule Cycle Count.
- In the Warehouse box, type or click to select the number for the Warehouse whose products you want to include in a cycle count.
- Click Edit.
- In the Yearly Count Days box, type the number of days available for counting per year, for example, 240, which excludes weekends and most holidays. This number is the basis for the scheduled count.
- In the Yearly Count Frequency column for each product rank, type the number of times to count those items per year.
The example below shows that A-ranked products will be counted 6 times per year. Based on 240 available count days per year, 28 A-ranked products will be counted daily (28 x 40 = 1120, which covers the product count of 1115). Over the course of the year, each A-ranked item will be counted every 40 days.
- Click Save. The Yearly Count and Daily Count columns update automatically based on the count frequency and Yearly Count Days. The Totals area displays the overall number of ranked items to count, including total products to count per day and per year.
- Repeat this procedure for each warehouse in which you want to schedule cycle counts. cq
- When you are finished, click Exit.