You may create new and edit existing products.
- Go to File > Product > Master.
- To create a new product, click New at the bottom of the page.
- In the Product box, type a new product number, and then press the Tab key.
Tip: As a shortcut, you can copy product configuration such as Product Line, Price Group, Primary Vendor and UOMs from an existing product. After choosing the new Product number, right-click that same Product box, and then click Copy From.
In the Number box, type or select the Product whose details you want to copy over to the new product, and then click OK.
- In the Description box, type a more detailed, user friendly description of the product. This will be visible on invoices, reports, product searches, etc.
- In the Product Line box, click and choose the Product Line to which the new product belongs.
- You may continue to add detailed information by clicking the tabs along the bottom of the page and specifying the relevant information.
Product tab descriptions
- Add main product and price information: Assign general product information including costs, units of measure, and product line.
- Configure general product options: Specify additional but less common product options, such as Serial Number Required.
- Configure all purchasing preferences: Set values that affect projected forecasts such as Max Stock and Min PO Order Quantities.
- Attach notes to a product: Add internal notes that appear each time the product is queried.
- Enable options and accessories: Assign add-ons or accessory packs to the product. These additional products appear during sales order entry for quick upselling.
- Working with assemblies and kits: Build component products assigned for bundles or manufactured (kit) items.
- Specify bin locations for a product: Assign stocking locations in the warehouse for the product. You can configure these to print on sales orders used during picking.
- Arrange for individual product replenishment : Specify product level overrides to the automated warehouse replenishment system.
- Assign a vendor to a product: Manage vendors from whom the product is ordered and enter vendor part numbers.
- Add product substitutions: Identify up to five similar products that can be purchased in place of the product. These substitutions appear during sales order entry for quick replacement.
- Set up product search keywords: Improve search results with Terms that are associated with the product and improve search results by quickly displaying a list of similar products.
- Add products to the catalog: Add images and configure how the product behaves on the eCommerce storefront.
- Assign product part numbers by customer: Assign customer specific part numbers, which will print on customer invoices.
- View price rollup history for a product: Review historical changes to cost and list prices that occurred due to price roll-ups.
- When you have finished, click Save.
Inform ERP creates the product and adds it to the catalog.Tips
- If you are adding a large number of products at once, consider using Product Import. Go to File>Product>Product Import, and see Import product information from a spreadsheet.
- If your business requires that additional product fields be made required, DDI System can help you with that configuration. Contact Customer Care.
- Go to File > Product > Master.
- Select a product by typing in the product number, description, or keyword in the Product field, and then clicking the link in the list that appears. Press the Tab key.
- Review the information on the Main tab.
- Check the Product Line The product line to which the product is assigned., Price GroupThe price group to which the product is assigned. , and Buy LineThe buy line to which the product is assigned. Buy lines group products for purchasing from vendors. .
- Check the Learn about cost and list prices and the Assign units of measure to a product.
- Note the product Status Code in the upper right corner.
- Active: An item that is actively stocked and continually reordered.
- Non-Stock: A special order item that is not kept in stock on a regular basis. Forecasts will only include such items if the product is committed to a sales order.
- Discontinued: An internal message "discontinued" appears when added to an order; you must backorder.
- Consumable: A product that is not part of inventory. Usually labor charges, repair fees, insurance, or other intangible goods or services.
- Inactive: A product that cannot be ordered and exists for historical reference only. It is recommended that you flag a product as inactive rather than delete it so that you can maintain product history. You can optionally filter these products from search results.
- Continue to review the product information by clicking on the remaining tabs. For an overview of each tab, see Product tab descriptions above.
- To modify any product information, click Edit.
- When you have finished editing, click Save.