You can view details about a product, including inventory levels, price and cost, transactions, and substitutes from Product Analysis.
Product Analysis is for viewing information. If you click Edit while on this page, you will return to the Setup page of the Product Master, where you can update the product details, as long as you have permission.
- Go to File > Product > Master, and then click the Analysis tab.
- In the Product box, type or search for the product you want to analyze, and then press the Tab key.
- Review the following information about the product:
View the Product Line, Price Group, and Buy Line top which the product belongs. The Primary Vendor that the product is purchased from appears here as well. See information about the Setup page of the Product Master, on the Add main product and price information, Configure general product options, and Assign a vendor to a product tabs,Specifications
Under Specifications, find the product's Lead Time Days, Weight, Volume, Box Quantity. This information is added on the Purchasing page of Product Master Setup: see Configure purchasing preferences. You can also see the associated SDS ID, which is added on the General page: see Configure general product options.
In this section, the Cycle Count check box indicates that the product will be included in the next manual cycle count: see Manually add products to the cycle count list. To learn more about automatic cycle counting, see Configure and run cycle counting.Price / Cost Columns
Check individual product pricing along with the last changed date: see Learn about cost and list prices.Image
A picture of the product as specified on the General page of Product Master Setup: see Configure general product options.
If you use J&M Catalog, the image that J&M provides will display here if you do not have an image linked through the Product Master.Demand
The Demand graph displays data on the last four years of sales history for the product. The Current Warehouse will change based on the warehouse that you select. You can also hover over a particular year to see the total demand for that year. Get details on monthly demand from the Demand tab of Product Analysis. See Analyze historical demand.
- You can also click the tabs along the bottom of the Analysis page to drill down into further detail.
Product Analysis tab descriptions
- Assembly: Displays the components that comprise the assembly, as well as the assembly options.
- Analysis: Display the last 4 years of historical demand .
- Vendors: View information about the vendors providing the product, including the name, last order date, pricing, and expected receive dates.
- Transactions: View a list of all sales and purchase order transactions by year.
- Sales Orders: View all open sales orders for the product.
- Purchase Orders: View all open purchase orders for the product.
- Transfers: View all pending stock transfers of the product.
- Work Orders: View all open work orders to build the kit product.
- Serial Numbers: View all serial numbers assigned to this product.
- Lots: View all lots.
- Substitutes: View all products that can be purchased in place of the product. These substitutions appear during sales order entry for quick replacement.
- Bins: Assign stocking locations in the warehouse for the product. You can configure these to print on sales orders used during picking.
Go to Inventory > Product Analysis.