You can configure specific truck routes for a customer. These truck routes define the days on which deliveries are made, the delivery method, and optionally the stop number.
When you enter a Sales Order for this customer, Inform ERP assigns the earliest possible Ship Date and Ship Via based on the routes available. These assignments appear within the Sales Order.
* If a Ship Via is linked to a Truck, then orders appear on the route for the scheduled Ship Date. To learn how to link a truck, see Options for all Delivery or Third Party methods.
* Truck Routes configured per customer's Ship To locations will override Truck Routes configured here. For more information, see Set up specific ship to truck routes.
- Go to File > Customer > Master.
- In the Customer box, find the customer you want to edit by typing the name, number, address, or phone. If the data for your customer does not appear automatically, press the Tab key.
- From the Setup page, click the Truck Routes tab.
- Click Edit.
- For each day of the week on which you want to add a delivery, in the Ship Via column, type the code and then press the Tab key, or use the to search for the correct code.
- Type the stop number in the Stop # column. The stop determines where the customer's order is placed in the truck manifest. For example, if you routinely deliver hazardous materials to this customer and would prefer to make them the first stop on the route, type the number 001. If the stop number is negotiable, leave it blank.
You may always customize Stop #'s when you create the Truck Manifest Entry.
- Click Save.