The customer's main credit Status appears in the upper right corner of the Customer Master: File > Customer > Master. This Status also appears during order entry and will affects how orders are printed.
For each customer, choose one of the following:
- Active/Good: Allows entry of all types of orders.
- Watch: All orders will be placed on Credit Hold, regardless of credit limits or other hold settings.
- C.O.D: The letters "C.O.D" print in bold on Shipment Confirmations and Truck Manifests to alert the delivery driver to take payment.
- Legal: Prevents order or quote entry, but allows cash receipts to be taken.
- Hold: Only quotes are allowed; no sales orders.
- Cash in Advance: All orders will be placed on Credit Hold, regardless of credit limits or other hold settings. The letters "P.I.A" (payment in advance) print in bold on all Shipment Confirmations.
- Inactive: Used as an alternative to deletion. No further transactions are allowed, but the customer is kept for historical reference.
- Credit Card: "Credit Card" prints in bold on Shipment Confirmations.
- Point of Sale: Order balances are required at the time of entry using the Point of Sale System. If a customer has open invoices when you change them to a Point of Sale status, you can configure Inform to suspend all open invoices. Set the Company Master flag Set all Open Sales Orders to POS when Customer Status is Changed to POS to Y.
Note: These statuses are different from terms, even though there is often overlap, such as C.O.D customer. See Set up customer payment terms.