Every time you create a new customer, Inform ERP creates a default Ship To called "SAME". This Ship uses the same address as the customer address. When creating a sales order, a Ship To is always required, and SAME is usually the default. You may, however, create as many Ship To locations as a customer requires and then change the default Ship To. You can set up credit, budgets, taxes, truck routes, and stock levels by Ship To location.
- Go to File > Customer > Master.
- In the Customer box, find the customer you want to edit by typing the name, number, address, or phone. If the data for your customer does not appear automatically, press the Tab key.
- Click the Ship Tos tab.
- To create a new Ship To location, click Add Ship To; to edit an existing location, click the Ship To link.
If you are creating a ship to, then on the New Ship To pop-up that appears, click OK.
- Type a friendly Name for the Ship To location. This is the only information that is required. You can save now, or configure any of the following additional information.
- To change the location from the default customer address, type the new Ship To Address in the spaces provided.
- To identify a contact person at this specific location, type that person's Contact name, Phone, Fax, and Email into the boxes provide.
- You can now change the Status of the Ship To in version 22 and beyond. Set the Status to Active/Good for Ship Tos that are still in use, or set the Status to Inactive if the Ship To is outdated and no longer in use for whatever reason.
- Consider configuring the following optional properties. Usually, these will be the same as the Customer default, so there is no need to specify them here.
- BranchThe default branch of your company that will manage sales to this ship to location.
- SalesmanThe salesman who owns this customer account. This salesman will be the default for all orders placed by this customer.
You may also configure Inform to restrict salesmen to view only those accounts to which they are assigned in the User Master.
- CategoryThe pricing category for the location. Leave blank to use the default category from the General tab on the Setup page of the Customer Master.
- TerritoryThe sales territory of this ship to location.
- Ship ViaThe default shipping method for this ship to location.
- If you want to set limits on eCommerce orders, then
In the Maximum eCommerce Order Size box, type a dollar limit for online orders sent to this location. If an online order exceeds this amount, eCommerce notifies the customer prior to checkout.
In the Maximum eCommerce Annual Sales box, set an annual budget for total online purchases allowed for this Ship-to address.
For more information, see Configure order limits by ship to address in the Help for eCommerce.
- To exclude this ship to location for projected purchase order analysis, select the Exclude DemandExcludes this customer's order history from demand forecasting. check box.
- You can configure printing by hiding the company header or printing the ship to as the bill to on sales documents: select Suppress Company HeaderHides the company header information on Shipping Confirmation and Invoices destined for this Ship To location. and/or Print Ship-to as Remit To on DocsPrints the customer's ship to address as the bill to address on sales documents. Select for locations that handle their own billing.
- Type the UPS Account # and/or the FedEx Account # as applicable.
- To help with searches, you can attach an additional KeywordAn additional search element to help you find this ship to location. to the ship to location.
- Co-Op Percent represents a rewards program you can set up as part of your CRM. Type the percent that you want to give as a rebate or shipping cost reduction for this location.
- Type any Special Instructions Special instructions regarding sales orders destined for this ship to location. These instructions appear each time you enter a sales order for this location.
- Click Save.
You can now set up the following additional details about your ship to location: