A sales order minimum defines the minimum purchase amount on a sales order that qualifies for a commission. Salesmen forfeit the commission on orders below the minimum. Note that order minimums look at the total amount of the Sales Order, not the amount that is delivered on the invoice.
You may override the order minimums required to receive a commission on an order by order basis, and even by individual products on the order. You may want to override the minimum sales order if your salesman has given special prices to a new customer to get this new business. To learn how, see Override salesman commissions.
- Open the Salesman Commissions tab as described in Make changes to individual salesman commissions.
- Then above the Commission tab bar, click the Sales Order Minimums tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Configure the sales order minimum as one of the following:
- G/P %: The minimum gross profit on the order must meet this minimum amount.
- Dollar Value: The total dollar value of the order must meet this minimum amount,
- G/P Dollar Value: The total dollar amount of the gross profit earned on the order.