You can set monthly sales and gross profit quotas for your salesmen. These values are for information only and do not affect the calculation of your salesperson’s commission.
However, you can use them to generate a Sales Quota report to measure the salesman's performance, comparing the quota to actual and last year values.
The costs and gross profit information included in the report is based on the Sales Order GP% Cost Column setting, in File>Company>Master: Pricing and Costing.
Keep in mind that these report totals may not match the G/L totals, as the G/L totals are based on the Sales Invoice G/L Cost Column.
- Open the Salesman Commissions tab as described in Make changes to individual salesman commissions.
- Then above the Commission tab bar, click the Monthly Quotas tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Twelve months are listed: you can configure a monthly quota for each month of the year.
- In the Sales Quota cell, type the monthly sales quota in dollars.
- In the G/P $ Quota box, type the gross profit quota in dollars.
- Click Save.