If you pay commissions based on paid invoices, then you can deduct a percentage from your salesperson's commission based on the number of days that the invoice is overdue. These deductions print on your salesperson's commission report.
- Open the Salesman Commissions tab as described in Make changes to individual salesman commissions.
- Then above the Commission tab bar, click the A/R Past Due Deductions tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Configure the deduction.
- To add a row to the A/R Past Due Deductions table, click the Add Deduction button.
- In the Days cell, type the number of days the invoice is overdue before the deduction is taken.
- In the Deduction % box, type the percent that will be deducted from the commission when the invoice is past due.
- Press the Tab key to enter additional deductions, and then click Save.
Tip: To apply the changes immediately, Recalculate sales commissions.