You can configure spending limits for purchase orders by customer. This configuration sets the maximum purchase order amount for specific P/O numbers. After that dollar limit is reached, Inform ERP warns you that another order for the P/O number will exceed that specified dollar amount. While configuring dollar limits, you can designate the default P/O number for all the customer's sales orders.
You can also specify patterns for customer P/O numbers. To learn how, see Specify a pattern for default customer P/O numbers.
- Go to File > Customer > Master.
- In the Customer box, find the customer you want to edit by typing the name, number, address, or phone. If the data for your customer does not appear automatically, press the Tab key.
- From the Setup page, click the P/O Specs tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Add Customer P/O button.
A new row appears in the P/O Dollar Limits grid.
- In the P/O Number column, type the purchase order to which you want to apply spending limits.
- If this is the default P/O used for this customer, select the Default check box as well. sales orders for this customer will use this P/O number by default, but you may change it.
- In the Dollar Limit column, type the maximum amount that can be ordered using this P/O number.
Each time a Sales Order is entered for this P/O number, the order total will be added to the Sales column and deducted from the Balance column. Once the total in the Sales column matches the Dollar Limit, users who attempt to enter another sales order for this P/O number will be warned that the limit has been reached.
- Click Save.