Add each customer who will be placing orders with Inform ERP. There are many properties you can associate with a customer; not all are required, but many will help you manage your customers going forward. All required properties are flagged with a red exclamation point. You will be prevented from saving until you complete this information:
The following procedure describes how to complete the information required to create a customer. Additional topics cover the optional properties: see Configure additional customer properties.
- Open the Customer Master: File>Customer>Master.
- Click New.
- Make sure Setup is selected on the left side navigation bar, and the Main tab is selected on Setup.
- In the Name box under Remit to Address, type the Company Name.
- Click the General tab.
- In the Salesman box, type or search for the salesperson associated with the account.
- In the Category box, type or search for the customer category to which this customer belongs. To learn about Customer Categories, see Categorize customers by business or pricing
- Click the Credit tab.
- Under Credit, in the Terms box, type or search for the defined payment terms for this customer. To learn more about Terms, including adding new terms, see Set up customer payment terms.
- Under Tax Options, in the Tax box, type or search for the default tax code for this customer. If a Ship To tax is available, Inform will apply this tax rate; if not, the customer rate is used. Provided adequate access, you can update the tax code on specific orders in the Sales Order entry form. For more information on tax codes, see Create tax codes. For more information on permissions, see Available access levels.
- Optionally, you can set the following properties during the creation process:
- Specify standard customer properties
- Configure default order preferences
- Configure customer tax rate and credit options
- Add customer notes
- Configure default customer freight options
- Set up default customer truck routes
- Associate a consignment vendor's ID with a customer
- Add a customer to a source
- View and apply customer custom fields: Apply custom properties that you created for your Company in Work with custom fields
- Set up Inform eCommerce: These properties apply only if you are using Inform eCommerce.
There are many other customer properties you can configure after saving. For a full list, see Configure additional customer properties.
- Click Save.
If you have no Salesman setup yet, see Add, update, or delete a salesperson