You must configure how each customer will be charged for freight. If you use UPS Worldship or the Fedex Ship Manager to ship to this customer, you will have to configure these integrations. Contact DDI Customer Care.
- Go to File>Customer>Master.
- In the Customer box, find the customer you want to edit by typing the name, number, address, or phone. If the data for your customer does not appear automatically, press the Tab key.
- From the Setup page, click the Freight tab.
- Click Edit.
- Choose freight Terms, which reflect how your customer has agreed to pay for Freight. You may choose
Prepaid: customer prepays all freight charges. If you choose this option, the Minimum Dollars and Minimum Weights options are unavailable.
Collect: charges are collected per order.
Prepaid and Bill: the customer choose when to prepay and when to have the amount billed.
Third party: a third party freight bill will be sent to the customer.
These freight Terms will appear on the Sales Order, under the Final tab.
Note: If you enable Freight Terms Prepaid on the File>Company>Ship Via page, then Terms will always be Prepaid when the Ship Via uses a pick up method, regardless of the Terms setting here. See Create and configure Ship Via options.
- If you are using UPS Worldship Integration, you can set the minimum UPS freight amount to be charged to the customer in the Minimum Dollars box.
- You can also specify the Minimum Weight an order must be to become eligible for shipping. This value is for reference only; it has no impact of order fulfillment.
- If you are integrating with UPS Worldship or the FedEx Ship Manager, then type the customer's associated UPS Account # and/or FedEx Account #.
- Click Save.
For example, enter $2.00 here to indicate that the customer will not be charged for freight charges that are less than $2.00. You will absorb that cost.