Automatic Backorder Release checks current merchandise levels against orders with backordered products and prints pick tickets for any items that can now be shipped.
You can configure automatic backorder release by branch as described in Configure automatic backorder release by branch; however, if you like, you can override that setting by a specific ship via. For example, you can create a ship via called "Hold" or "Future Orders," and then disable automatic backorder release for them, while enabling it for the remainder of the branch. See Create and configure Ship Via options.
- Go to File > Company > Ship Via.
- If you already have a shipping method for which you want to configure the auto backorder release, In the Ship Via box click and choose that method. If not, click New and type a name such as HOLD into the Ship Via box.
- Type a Description for the shipping method.
- Under Options, clear the Auto B/O Release check box and the Print B/O Release check box. When the automatic backorder release process is run, then all orders with this ship via will be excluded from release and no pick tickets will be printed.
- Likewise, you can select these options to enable orders with this Ship Via to be processed whenever Automatic Back Order Release runs.
- Click Save.
When you are ready to release these orders from backorder, you must change their Ship Via, and then run the Automatic Backorder Release process on demand.