You can import data from a spreadsheet into defined custom fields. To import information into additional Product Master fields, see Import product information from a spreadsheet.
- The import spreadsheet must be a comma-separated value (.csv) file.
- Data must include one field that matches an existing system record. Customer Number, Product Number, or Vendor Number are the most commonly used. The data on the spreadsheet must exactly match the data field in Inform into which you are imorting. For example, if your Product Number in Inform reads "1000-AB" the Product Number on the spreadsheet must also read "1000-AB". If your Customer Number in Inform reads 0001547, the spreadsheet must read 0001547.
- Leading 0s (zeros) must be included in the spreadsheet.
- For custom fields that are set as check boxes; the spreadsheet should reflect a Y for records where the box should be checked and an N for records where the box should not be checked.
- The Customer, Vendor, or Product file to which you are importing must already exist in the system for the records to be updated.
Import custom fields
- Navigate to File > Company > Custom Fields.
- Define custom fields.
- Navigate to File > Company > Custom Field Import.
Note: If you are importing a Contact custom field, see Import a Contact custom field below.
- Select the custom field record type from the File Name list.
Note: Defined custom fields are listed in the Custom Field section.
- In the Import File Path box, click the search icon to select the comma-separated values (.csv) file containing the import data.
Note: The Import Data list displays the columns and values in the file.
- In the ID Field, select the unique value which contains data matching an existing record, for instance, Customer Number.
- In the Mapped Field column, select the corresponding import column for each field to import.
- Click Import.
- On the verification message, click OK.
Note: When the import finishes, Inform ERP displays the results. If any records were locked during the import, identify and unlock those records using the System Users & Locks screen under the Utilities menu. Rerun the import as needed.
Import a Contact custom field
There must be a column on the spreadsheet that is formatted as follows: C|cust#|cont#, for example: C|0001001|0002 .
- Export a report from ARW using Contacts as the Primary File and include Customer Number, Vendor Number, Contact ID.
- Use the =CONCATENATE function in Excel to combine/format a new column: C|cust#|cont#.
- Select the C|cust#|cont# column as the ID Field.