Branches enable you to organize your company by geographic location, product focus, or any other way makes sense to you. You can then manage financials and inventory by branch, The decision about whether to manage your company by branch should be made at the beginning of your implementation process. Therefore, we recommend that you consult DDI Customer Care before removing or editing any branches. You do not have permission to add branches without the assistance of DDI Customer Care.
The remainder of these articles related to branch management assume that you are making these changes under the guidance of a Customer Care.
You can edit existing branches, including manage configuration, default settings, general ledger accounts, notifications, and printers. You are prohibited from creating or deleting branches without a special code from DDI.
Edit a branch
- Go to File > Company > Branch.
- In the Branch box, click and select the branch that you want to modify.
- Click Edit.
- The branch Name appears along with the Address and contact Phone numbers.
You can now perform any of the following tasks:
- Configure automatic backorder release by branch
- Configure product replenishments by branch
- Set up branch level vendor consignments
- Specify branch level J&M Catalog information
- Set up default branch order, prefix, and invoice options
- Assign branch printers
- Assign branch-level general ledger accounts
- Set up internal notifications
- Get an audit history of changes made