You can create a work order to build a kit directly from a sales order for a kit.
- Create the sales order as described in Sell an assembly or kit, making sure you add a kit to the sales order (not an assembly),
- Click the Procurement tab.
- From the P/O Type list, choose Work Order.
- Type the number of kits you want to build, and then optionally choose a Promise Date and type Comments.
- Complete the sales order as normal, and then click Save.
- The Final page of the Sales Order appears with a Linked Order to the Work Order. You can now open the Work Order and build the kit as described in Produce kits.