Prior to creating a warranty claim to send to your vendor, you must
- accept the returned warranty item from the customer, and
- invoice that order to give them credit for the returned item.
Warranty return items will not display in the Create Warranty Claim screen until they have been invoiced. To learn how to create the return sales order, see Create a warranty return sales order
You may configure Inform ERP to process warranty returns without first invoicing them: Go to File > Company > Master: Sales, and set the value of Process Warranty Claims for Open Sales Orders to Yes.
- Go to Inventory > Warranty > Create Warranty Claim.
- In the Branch box, choose the branch in which you want to enter the claim. If applicable, type or search for the Division as well.
- Click Search.
All eligible warranty tags appear in the Open Tags list.
- To file a warranty claim for a tag(s), select the check box(es) beside it, and then click Create Claim.
- Review and update the tag information as it appears on the New Warranty Claim page that opens.
Warranty Claim information:
- Claim The reference code for the claim. The code will be assigned once the claim is saved.
- BranchThe branch to which the claim will be posted.
- Entered by The system initials of the user who entered the claim.
- Ship ViaThe shipping method you will use to ship the product back to the vendor.
- Ship DateThe date on which you will ship the product back to the vendor.
- Freight Terms The freight terms with the vendor, such as prepaid.
- DateThe date on which you submit the claim to the vendor.
- RGA # The Return Good Authorization Number for the claim. The number is provided by the vendor to OK the return of the product.
- Request Type How you expect to be compensated for the products by the vendor. 1) Replacement - you expect the vendor to send you a replacement part or piece of equipment for the item you are sending. 2) Exchange - you expect the vendor to send you a similar part or piece of equipment that may not be identical to the item that you are sending. 3) Repair - you expect the vendor to repair and return the item. 4) Credit - you expect to receive a credit on your account for the value of the item you are sending. 5) Refund/Payment - you expect to receive a refund via cash or check for the value of the item you are sending. 6) Vendor Option (default) - you expect the vendor to decide how they will reimburse you for the item.
- Special InstructionsAdditional information for the vendor. This information prints on the claim directly above the items.
- Review the Tags information, but do not modify it.
- Click Save.
- To print the claim, click Print. To print the warranty tags for each product on the claim, click Print Tags.
On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.